Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Man in the Water




On to environments! Here is a piece I did for ART301. Total time
was about 7 hours... lots of fun.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Entrenched Assassin




Here is yet another assignment from Art301.
With this one, I started in gray scale, and stayed there
for quite a while. I got most of the colors by painting into
a soft light layer, and then I went in standard for additional
colors and details. Over all, probably about 10-12 hours
of work. Hope you like!

Monday, September 27, 2010

The Fire Warden (color!)


Presto! Here I was able to get a pretty decent
effect with color and soft light overlays. I use to use
this method a lot, but this is one of the first times that it
was this effective. I feel like I have mad a Photoshop
breakthrough!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Lurker at the Threshold


Here's something different. The title is from an H.P.
Lovecraft Novel that is pretty spooky, although
I'm only part of the way through it.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Convict at the Beach


More homework! This is my first assignment for Art 401, which
had extremely loose guidelines. Tons of fun!
This probably took about 6 hours in Photoshop.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Personal Weapons: Concept to Finish


Man does it feel good to have a break from school! Here is my first 3D work for summer break. First is the concept I did, then the model with and without texture. Once I had some time, this project really flew, so I'm looking forward to starting another one. This was my first, so it was pretty high poly for a prop (582 tris). Maybe my next project will be a series of low poly hammers, swords, and axes. Sounds like fun.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Desert fueling station



This one was a quick one, probably about 5 hours of work.
I'm pretty happy with it. It's always fun to get in close and layer
the detail.

Photoshop

Monday, January 25, 2010





Another painting generated in my free time, in Photoshop CS4. This painting was completely from scratch, so it took me a bit more time, although I ended up really liking the result. I started with a basic brown/red silhouette, and slowly worked up from there, creating the forms, complimentary colors, and environment. Overall this took me about 15 - 20 hours.